Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fiddle Dee Dee

I am a Southern Bell living in the South.I live in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach.About 2 hours from Charleston South Carolina.My sister lives in Charleston and literally lives in walking distance of Boone Hall Plantation where Gone With The wind was filmed.Also North and South with Patrick Swayze .And Also The Patriot with Mell Gibson and Heath Ledger.
Myrtle Beach is about 20 minutes from me.It was the hot spot for summer vacations in the 1950's and 60's.They had a giant amusment park,and what we called the strip where we would cruise in our cars,flirting with the boys and partys.We moved here when I was 14 in 1985 or 86.When my dad retired from the Army.They have removed the big amusment of what was the famous pavilion,and it's now just a big grassy piece of land.it's sad.So thought I would share this clip of one of my favorite movies filmed in myrtle beach.It's so cute all about fun and of course the start of the dance called the SHAG.enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. How cool.. Your lucky to live so close where beautiful movies were made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Sorry about naughty patrick clip.lol.I was trying to find one more about the series.lol.But it sure was steamy.I miss Patrick.Such a great actor.He sure could do sexy scenes.lol.

    ReplyDelete