Sunday, November 20, 2011

Antique Finds from Friday

Friday I went to my favorite antique store cuz I have had my eye on some things and wanted to see if they were still there.I tease I am decorating my invisi house.When we get a place we plan on a bar so I have been buying bits and pieces.I have had my eye on these babies for ages.They were $40.00.But I got them for $28.00.I am so excited to have this set.The brass stand has wear and tear where the brass has worn off and almost looks rusted.I will have to clean it up.
I love the diamond design of the black and gold.Gin and Tonics anyone?
So classy looking.I can't help but think of having a cocktail party.
A few weeks ago hubby bought me this pitcher to match cuz I planned on getting the glass set.I got this at another antique store.How cool is that it matches?lol.It was $6.95.
I can't wait to clean everything up and make Bloody Mary's.My favorite.I think my cocktail books are going to be abused now that I have this.
Hubby spotted these 1950's cocktail stirrers where I got the set.they were about $2.00.The whistles still work damn it.That means when he finishes his drink he is going to annoy me blowing his whistle."More drink wench".lol.
I love the whistle and the glittery specks in them.Did anyone go antiquing or thrifting this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Oh i love all these! Better get those cocktails mixed! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely dying over those stirrers, they are the best find ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses are so classy and charming and the pitcher matches perfectly!

    The stirrers are adorable and would look lovely sat on yours and the hubby's future bar! Such a neat idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. O,yay,not only did you make it to your fave store,you scored BIG!Love this set!!Mmm,bloody mary's are usually my hangover cocktail!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Ahhh* What lovely purchases!!
    Your gonna have the best bar on all of blogger.
    =D
    I love the glasses and the stirrers they are amazin!

    I just went to a couple thrift stores this weekend. Didn't come up with much... Nothing ABSOLUTELY AWSOME LIKE YOU DID. *darnnnn*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ace score! I love the carrier too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous glasses...
    no time for thrift shopping this time... i feel a little jealous about your finds.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow diamond cocktail set, just love he whistle stirrers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! OMG! OMG! Love your stuff.
    A big mazel tov to you for snagging such cool bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @rascal I think hubby is snagging it from me.lol.He loves his stirrers.lol.

    ReplyDelete